one more reminder:
Please hold on to your hard copy evergreen Pubs 4491 and 4491W and other training materials for next year.
Pub 17 etc.
Bette and I just returned from a quick camping trip to Ft De Soto, great camping sites and beautiful location for riding a bike, short hikes, beaches and kayaking.
Again, thanks so much for putting up with LOTS of work, slow computers and internet, ACA issues and ME 🙂
Don’t forget to submit your mileage online through the AARP Volunteers portal ASAP.
I have an LC meeting at the Moose tomorrow morning but then I must leave to start a camping trip so I will probably miss seeing you at the lunch.
Have a great summer filled with fun stuff. I will be heading back to the mountains of Colorado by June, then I plan on hiking the haute route in Switzerland in August from Mt Blanc to the Matterhorn. If I survive that, Bette and I will wander around the south of Italy in November.
I will see many of you again in December at the HPL online refresher workshop and I will be teaching a 2 day review class in January.
End of Year Tax Stuff we may see:
- f4868 to file for an extension for up to 6 months-can efile, but TPer should pay as much as possible of what they owe.
- If TP’er owes money and cannot pay, Call TP’er advocate 877 777-4778
- If TP’er can pay within 120 days, call 800 829-1040 to establish a request to pay in full.
- f9465 can efile, for an installment agreement. Fee can range from $105 for payroll deduction, $52 for direct debit or $43 for low income TP’er.
- Credit or debit card payment . TP’er must go to irs.gov and choose a payment processor. There are fees.
Don’t forget, begin to update your mileage online at the AARP volunteers Portal at:
C U at breakfast at Luigi’s, tomorrow at 8:30:)
- To celebrate our last Saturday, please join me for breakfast at
- Luigis, at 8:30, on me 🙂
- Saturday, Apr 11 staffing
- Jen B 10-1:30–>Judith 1:30-5
- Catherine 10-1:30–>Young H 1:30-5
- 10-5 the following people:
- Jeanne K
Susan, Rachel, Ellen and Pat I know you will work out your schedules.
- Last Wednesday we served 115 clients and efiled 31 joint returns and 35 single returns.
Add this web site to your bag of tricks to help determine if someone is a dependent:
Reimbursement Time-start completing the online process.
Select reimbursements and then you must decide on Flat Rate or mileage.
- If using mileage you must record the date of each training and tax counseling session as well as round trip miles.